COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Rain and fog!

We had two days of rain here in the desert this week~Thursday and Friday.  By Friday morning, the rain was slowing down and I was eager to get out of the house, so I grabbed my old Nikon and headed for the hills. Another storm was supposed to move in Saturday, this one from the north.  The previous one was a tropical one from Mexico.  The difference is that the first one had a lot of RAIN.  The second one was supposed to bring snow levels down to 3,500 feet.

I had talked to the ranch owner earlier and she told me the horses were nearly out of pellets.  By keeping an eye on the forecast, I knew the first storm was moving out and I had a window of opportunity to drive up to the feed store, buy pellets, unload them, and get home before the next storm hit.

So, that's what I did.

First, however, I took 171 photos on my way up the mountains off Highway 74, the Santa Rosa mountains.  It isn't often that we get the kind of fog that we had here Friday.  In fact, I only recall one other time in the last 10 years.

So, here they are!  Yes, the horses got their pellets before the next storm hit and 2 bags of senior feed, with molasses, so they will have lots of calories to burn!   :-)

Stay warm!
Merry Christmas!
~Cheryl Ann~
 Fog drifting down through Deep Canyon
 More fog
 As I drove up Highway 74, this fog bank followed me!  I could actually see it moving!
 Another view of the fog moving in...

 This is looking down from Highway 74 toward the Palm Springs Indian canyons.
 Another view looking down into Palm Springs...
 This lone tree is at the edge of a field up in Anza
 I drove out Highway 74 to take this photo of Mt. San Jacinto and its fresh snow.  Those mountains got a LOT more snow Friday night and Saturday.
Fog moving up Deep Canyon as I drove home.  It was still clear on top, at about 4,000 feet, but as I entered the Coachella Valley, the fog was so THICK that I could only see 3' in front of me and it was raining.  Good thing I'm familiar with that road!  It was treacherous driving!!!

Stay warm and have a happy holiday!

2 comments:

  1. Nice fog cloud photos as it makes it's way through the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooohhhhh, I love fog! What beautiful pictures! And glad the ponies got their groceries. :-)

    ReplyDelete