COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Birds and hawks~Nature Notes~October 19, 2017

I sit at my laptop for quiet a while each day and I look out into our front yard.  Hubby and the gardeners set up the large fountain right outside my office/craft room window so I can enjoy all the birds who now come there to drink.  I view doves, sparrows, finches, and even a Cooper's hawk now and then, although they usually prefer the horse watering bowl that I have filled up with water by the sumac. Little verdin have returned to the valley and they feast all day on the niger seed. I also have some hanging feeders for the finches and there are flowering plants for the hummingbirds.  I love to watch the doves drink.  They are so messy!  They drip water everywhere and seem to be quite carefree with their drinking habits!

In the back yard, I have hanging feeders and water dripping into a bird bath.  Birds seem to LOVE the sound of dripping water and it attracts them.  This morning I watched a hummingbird taking his bath:  splish, splash, wiggle, jiggle...such ENJOYMENT!

Life is slower now that I have retired and I try to enjoy each morning for what it is.  Yesterday it was the sunrise.  Today it was the hummingbird taking an early morning bath.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring!

~Cheryl Ann~

To visit Nature Notes, please go to this link:    https://ramblingwoods.com/

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl Ann! Yes, life is slower for me too since I retired. Can't believe it's been about a year already! I like it, and I like the slower pace, but it does take some getting used to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a few hours each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a hummer take a bath but I need to get a mister or dripper..What a treat...Michelle

    ReplyDelete