I read with interest Al's post today and had to reflect on our situation...
Here's the link to Al's post: http://thebayfieldbunch.com/2017
We both retired a year ago. We have done 2 trips since then: One last October to the eastern Sierra Nevada and one this August to the Mogollon Rim in Arizona. THAT'S IT. PERIOD.
Hmmm.....
We seem to be tied down now by babysitting duties. We have 5 grandkids: our daughter has a 4 year old and an 18 month old. Our son has an 8 year old, a 2 year old, and a baby. So, Saturdays we either go to the 4 year old's soccer games or the 8 year old's baseball games (evening). PLUS, if our daughter's kids get sick (like that past week), WE have to babysit them. I am now fighting something in my head and chest, thanks to the little man!!!
I'm only 65. Hubby is 67. However, I've had pneumonia...let's see... 5x. I had it 3x one school year, and then twice after that. My lungs are SHOT. I used to get bronchitis each year after the pneumonia. I haven't had it yet this fall and next week we will get our flu shots.
I'm not complaining. Frankly, I enjoy staying home and working on my journals. I hardly ever take photos anymore. MAYBE next week we can get to Oak Glen or the Whitewater Preserve...???
How are you doing?
~Cheryl Ann~
Well, that's the position we find ourselves in as well.
ReplyDeleteCheryl, if this is what you want to do and you are happy doing it then great. You are enjoying your retirement. But, if you want to travel more and not be tied down you need to tell your kids to make other plans for child care. Life is too short and you are in the prime years of retirement. Do what makes you the happiest. You earned it.
ReplyDelete