COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Friday, December 29, 2017

CLEANING, purging, and decluttering... oh, my!

You know, I hadn't purged my closets since I retired in May, 2016.  It was TIME, especially with the new tax law going into effect.  So, Tuesday I retreated to the bedroom and purged... and purged... and purged.  Later that day, I had 10 HUGE bags of clothes ready for the thrift store and then I purged some more and I had 5 more!   :-)  I certainly DO NOT NEED a bunch of dress pants, skirts, and tops! And dresses!  No, no, no!  I'm a jeans and t-shirt gal now!  I also donated 10 bags of books!  PHEW!  Then, I spent 2 days cleaning up and rearranging my office.  NOW I can actually GET INTO IT!  YAY!  I set my laptop up on my table near the window, but away from the dust.  Our son is always reminding me that sitting it right next to the window is a BAD IDEA and then he has to come and blow out all the dust! 

Lesson learned.

Yesterday hubby went through one closet of HIS work clothes and we now have 10 bags of his stuff to go to the thrift store.  And, he still has his MAIN CLOSET to do today!

PHEW!  By 7 p.m. last night, we were both exhausted!  Cleaning is very tiring!

If I don't post again until the new year, have a
HAPPY NEW YEAR!  and STAY WARM!

~Cheryl Ann~

1 comment:

  1. A lady after my own heart! I've been cleaning and de cluttering too! Closets, drawers, and the garage. I'm making some progress- but it is slow! Happy New Year! I hope lots of great adventures are coming your way!

    ReplyDelete