COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, December 23, 2017

Living Desert visit with the grandson

Our daughter, a teacher, is off now for 2 more weeks (winter break), so yesterday she wanted to take the 20 month old to the Living Desert Reserve to wear him out.  HA, HA!   He wore GRANDMA out!  I came home and took a 2 1/2 hour NAP!!!!  Actually, he went home and slept for 1.5 hours, and so did his mom, so it was a success!

Unfortunately, he fell head first onto one of the rock lined drinking fountains and got a new boo-boo on his forehead.  I could hear him screaming 100 yards away!  (I went ahead to the carousel, DETERMINED that he was GONNA ride it with me).  So, we picked out an appropriate animal (the lion) and off he went, SCREAMING again!  OY!  My ears!  And, those were once again REAL TEARS streaming down his face!   :-(  He couldn't WAIT to get back to Momma and away from mean old NANA!

Oh, well...At least we got out for the morning.  Hubby took his new LUMIX hand sized camera and took photos and videos.  I'll be able to use that one for my YouTube videos now!  WHOOPIE!  And, I won't have to upload videos from my cell phone!

Below are a few photos from that HORRIBLE morning (horrible for the 20 month old, I guess)!  The rest of us enjoyed our outing and we are RETURNING this morning with the 4 year old.  It's GOOD for Nana and Papa to get out and WALK!!!!!

 He LOVES the trains!  This is one of the largest model train exhibits in the country... 3/4 acre.
 Yup.  He's ALL READY for his big adventures!  Look at the pants leg.  And, he INSISTS on carrying his backpack full of diapers! 

Getting tired (FINALLY).  He climbed up onto EVERY BENCH he saw in the park!   OY!

1 comment:

  1. We have a two and a half year old grandson...They are the best things ever..

    ReplyDelete