What are our winter plans?
HA~~~ We have NONE! It looks like we are pretty much just staying home. Hubby has a HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE cold and I took him to urgent care on Monday. He's been coughing, sneezing, and wheezing now for 4 days. Today he is going to Walgreens to pick up some antibiotics. I haven't seen him this sick since the last time he had pneumonia! Please send good wishes his way.
I'm currently working on two art journals, not writing journals. I found a You Tuber lady up in Northern California whose work I really liked and she has about 30 tutorials. I started at video #1 and now I'm on #13. The books are SO FAT I cannot close them! When I get done, I'll show you some photos and do a You Tube flip through of them! I've made pockets, pop up pages, and windows. It has been a lot of fun and I think one reason I haven't been sick (YET...) is because I'm so focused on finishing them.
After I finish them, I want to work on some spring journals. We have had ZERO rain here since August, so I don't think there will be many wildflowers up on Highway 74 this year, although they have had rain when we didn't down here in the desert, so who knows? It certainly won't be a bumper crop!
We went to see our son because granddaughter #2 had her 3rd birthday last weekend. It was a fun day for all. We gave her an art kit with crayons, colored pencils, and pastels and by that evening, she was busy making art! :-) Her dad (our son) was a fairly decent artist himself. I have absolutely NO talent for art, however, and neither does my husband, so we don't know where our son got his talent...
So, we are basically just hanging in there for now. No big plans for Christmas...I DO have a date to make Christmas cookies with our daughter, so that will be a fun filled morning! That is after she's off for the 3 week winter break.
Stay well and keep busy!
Here are a few pics of what I've done so far...
~~Cheryl Ann~~
I call this "The Wonder of It All"
This is the pocket window. The window is plastic.
Yellow flower on black gesso with stencils.



Sending best wishes to your husband and hoping for a speedy recovery! No big winter plans here either, other than spending a little extra time out in Joshua Tree.
ReplyDeleteBased on your books, I'd say you DO in fact have some artistic talent. Hope your husband feels better soon.
ReplyDelete