COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Monday, May 23, 2016

Joshua Tree national park visit

It was an absolutely beautiful day here yesterday, so hubby and I headed out to Joshua Tree national park.  We stopped at the McDonalds in Yucca comfortable 74 degrees with a slight breeze...PERFECT!

The joshua trees aren't blooming yet.  Maybe they will open up in a week to 10 days.  They look like they are about ready to burst!  We drove around for about an hour, then headed home.

I'm glad we had a beautiful morning to enjoy the park.Hubby's right leg was bothering him, so he didn't want to walk too far.  And, he got to try out his new Canon 75-300 mm lens.

These are a few of the photos I took:

 Look at those pods...ready to burst open!

 This is a view of the back of Mt. San Gorgonio.  Yes, it still has snow.
 Rock climbers were out at Intersection Point...
 Another flower pod ready to open soon


4 comments:

  1. I think what you're seeing are the seed pods. The trees were blooming in the park in March. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pics. I hope I can get there before the heat arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to my next visit. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice photos! I'm glad you had a good time. JT is truly a magical place.

    ReplyDelete