COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Whitewater Preserve visit

Hubby was off work yesterday and I decided that instead of him sitting at his laptop all day like he did on Tuesday, perhaps we should go for a drive.  So, we headed off to the Whitewater Preserve, which is only about a 30 minute drive from our house.

It's a completely different world up there.  It's surrounded on 3 sides by tall cliffs and bighorn sheep are frequently seen in the meadow and up on the cliffs.  In fact, the first bighorn sheep I ever saw were up there.  Hawks fly around and there are all kinds of birds.  Yesterday I listened to the calls of a red winged blackbird.There are trout in the ponds and yesterday lizards were out on the walkways doing pushups!

We didn't arrive until 10 a.m. and by 11:30, it was getting HOT.  It was another triple digit day in Palm Springs, so even up there, it was quite warm!  We are expecting a cool down with temps into the 80's starting tomorrow!   :-)

 I love this place!  That's the ranger station and visitor center.

 One of our new-found friends!
 So peaceful...
 Another new friend...

Beautiful, peaceful scene...

3 comments:

  1. I love this spot. My granddaughter does too... she loves the wading pool! Have you every checked out Mission Creek? Just a short drive up 62, turn L on Mission Creek Rd. Pack a lunch... there are stone cabins with tables. Worth a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't been to Mission Creek. Maybe I'll go there today! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos! It is a very peaceful place. Haven't seen any water running down to the 10 (and beyond), in quite a while though. Hope it happens soon.

    ReplyDelete