COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

We got RAIN here yesterday!

It's not unheard of to have rain in May, but it is pretty unusual.  I remember a time in 1976, after I graduated UC Riverside with my MA degree.  Hubby and I had a little Mazda and he suggested we drive back from Riverside to the desert, through Idyllwild.  It snowed that evening!  He told me to keep going and to not stop, so I did.  However, that was 40 years ago!  It has snowed up on Mt. San Jacinto a couple of times since then, but it is still a rare event.

I was babysitting the grandson down in north Indio yesterday afternoon and I took my camera with me because I knew it was due to rain.  And, rain it did!  The streets in Palm Desert were wet and our yard was wet, too.  Hubby said we had a downpour at home.  I always love to drive around after a storm in the desert because I get to see different light.

Here are some photos from yesterday afternoon.  Today it is clear.


 I don't usually take photos of telephone poles, but I was stopped at an intersection and I took this photo.


1 comment:

  1. Always nice to see rain clouds! Like the photos, especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete