My first few days have been a whirlwind!
First, I have over 1,500 books to count, document, and put in bags for charity. I found some super heavy duty plastic bags at WalMart and I bought 24 of them. After yesterday, I have 6 left. I've made 3 runs to the nearest Goodwill store, which is only a few blocks away. I have 8 more bags to drop off today.
Second, I have to pick up Ellie, the 3 year old, two afternoons every week now because her father can't do it since he is still taking classes for his MA degree. And, it was HOT here yesterday, 99 degrees! It will be the same today, but then by Thursday, a new storm front is moving in, and rain is in the forecast!
Third, I have TONS of cleaning to do at home. We have a leak in our main bathroom and we aren't using that sink. We need to get it repaired. So, for now, we turned off that faucet. But still, it is something we'll have to deal with. Ugh.
I never knew retirement could be so exhausting!
On the other hand, a family of grosbeaks has stopped by on the way to somewhere new. There are 2 males and 2 females. I put out orange slices, grapes, and watermelon, but they seem to prefer just plain old birdseed! However, smaller birds are enjoying all the fruit! They entertain us with their calls. I've tried to get a photo of one of them, but they are quite skittish.
And, of course, I get to visit the little one, who seems to fall asleep every time I visit!

Retirement is a tough job but somebody has to do it. Welcome to the greatest thing ever invented ... retirement!!
ReplyDeleteahh but i imagine it's a good tired. I know how I felt when retired and getting the house ready to sell and getting rid of so much stuff including tons of books. congratulations on this adorable baby! I too, started helping with grandkids when I retired...but now it has all come to an end as they have grown up and some families have moved away. Just got back from washington to see a few of them.
ReplyDeleteOh, just wait. It only gets better!!...:)JP
ReplyDelete