COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Phew! I'm so busy! How did I EVER have time to work?

I've officially been retired now for two full weeks and I've never been so busy!  I've been sorting through about 1,000 books and donating 800 of them to charity.  Some I saved out for the grandkids.  I had lots of teacher books, crayons, markers, pencils, erasers and other school items that I purchased myself, so those are all gone.  The grandkids have enough pencils to last until they are each 21 years old!  30 years of "stuff" sure does accumulate!

I got a bridge removed from my front teeth two weeks ago and Friday I went in for the new one.  I wanted to get that done while I still have insurance.  I also went in for an eye exam and I found out that my eyesight is actually getting better!  Apparently that happens as we get older.  So, I'm wearing my 6 year old pair of eyeglasses while waiting for the new pair and GUESS WHAT?  They work perfectly!  Go figure..."In with the new, out with the old."...or "in with the old, out with the new"!?

I drove up to visit the horses for the first time in the two weeks.  I just honestly haven't had a day to get up there.  They were all screaming for food, so they each got about 3 scoops of feed and pellets.  I gave them some coconut oil, too, which helps their hooves and hair.  I'll go back in a couple of days when it isn't quite so breezy and let them out, one at a time, into the arena.  

We drove to Temecula last weekend and spent Saturday night with our son and his family.  The grandson is in T-ball and he has won 2 game balls!  He is quite the little hitter!  Unfortunately, he doesn't catch well...

I cleaned off the piano, dusted it, polished it, and I am now practicing it every day.  My goodness!  My muscle memory has faded and I need to practice.  And, my fingers aren't quite as fast as they used to be.

So, yes, I'm enjoying my retirement.  Between checkups, picking up the grandkids from day care, and other errands, I'm pretty busy!
 The hitter!
 Little sister is NOT impressed!
 SAFE!
 Ready to go...
 On the move...
Little sister prefers dogs over baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment