I haven't posted much since the election and I'm NOT going to talk about it. Suffice it to say that we are now NOT watching any TV news at all. Hubby is into reading crime novels and I'm reading Stephen King. That's our reality.
He's read two Michael Collins novels and is now on his 2nd Joseph Wambaugh novel. We both have to have a stiff brandy every night.
I'm busy outside. I've planted 3 low crawling bougainvillas and 2 climbing ones on the fence near our neighbor to the west. That's the fence with the gate that our black lab destroyed last time she got OUT of the yard! She ended up down the street and a lady called me. She IS microchipped and tagged, but we live 1 block off two major streets here in town and I'm SCARED TO DEATH she will get out and get hit by a car. I've repaired the fence as best I can, but the gate has to be rebuilt. So, we will NOT leave her alone overnight again! OYE!
Hubby is...well, frankly I think he is depressed. He sleeps 12 hours, then takes a couple of naps during the day. He isn't active AT ALL. He did go out yesterday for a haircut, but that was it. I NEED to get him outside and active! This isn't healthy.
I planted my sweet peas and my hollyhocks the day we had rain...Monday? NO rain in sight for the next 10 days, however. I also managed to throw out my California poppy seeds out front and all the other wildflower seeds I ordered during the summer...lupines, nasturtiums, salvia, all kinds of mixtures. They should do well out front in the sunlight.
Not much else is new here...same old, same old.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Some photos from a couple weeks ago...my morning walk.
Mine just had a second stent and he struggles more mentally than physically. The doc said it is for sure something to watch.
ReplyDeleteMy step Dad does the same thing...and he really needs to get out and about. I wish I had a helpful idea. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteAnd that dog...they sure can be stinkers!
Have a wonderful holiday season!