COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Hubby is HOME

After spending 4 nights in the hospital over in Temecula, hubby is FINALLY home!  They ran a whole bunch of tests on him and all that came back is that he does have a blockage in his left artery and MAY eventually need a pacemaker.

It turns out his Metoprolol (beta blocker) was the culprit.  He was fatigued, dizzy, had a rash, and has sleep apnea.  His heart rate went down to 30 and he blacked out at the dinner table with our son and his family.  The doctors at the hospital took him OFF the damn Metoprolol (which I also take...) and allowed his system to flush it out.  They ran a battery of tests and other than the slow heart rate (and blockage), he is fine and in good health.

He will, however, be on a low sodium and low cholesterol diet.  NO MORE steaks and steak sauce!  Nonononononono! And, turkey for sandwiches!  No more half & half in his coffee either!  And, no more ice cream at night!

We are grabbing our cameras and going for a walk this afternoon up at the Living Desert.  He NEEDS to get out and exercise and lose a uh, hum..."few pounds".  So do I.  This episode has been a real wake up for me, too.

I woke up yesterday morning at 5 a.m. when he called.  Of course I panicked, thinking and fearing the worst.  However, he wanted me there at the hospital to take him home (hopefully) later that day.  I left the dog inside the house because we had a friend coming into the yard to get some wood that he cut last spring.  She was fine.  He got discharged at 4 p.m. and we went to see the grandkids in Temecula get ready for trick or treat, then drove back to the desert.  I'm glad I won't be making that drive again for a while!

He is seeing his own doctor tomorrow morning.

Thank you for all your kind thoughts.  I do appreciate them!~
Cheryl Ann

4 comments:

  1. Yeah good news. We had one of those wake up calls this spring. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yay!!!!!! Prayers have been answered!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your Hubby is home! My husband had to change his diet 3 years ago. I decided it would be easiest if I changed mine to. I'm so glad I did. You might want to watch Forks Over Knives (it's on Netflix).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scary stuff for sure! Sometimes we just need a little nudge to change some things. Glad to hear that overall his health is good.

    ReplyDelete