COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Monday, October 2, 2017

Old age is creeping up on us!

Al, over at Travels with the Bayfield Bunch wrote an interesting post last Saturday

http://thebayfieldbunch.com/2017/09/dealing-with-realities-of-aging-in.html?showComment=1507011258651#c1975459907768025361

about traveling.  I do all the driving now because hubby gets dizzy.  After a day out, however, I am exhausted for the next day or even two!!!  That's NO FUN!  Nowadays we only go out to visit the kids & grandkids, but that is a pretty full schedule!  The 4 year old granddaughter has soccer on Saturday mornings and the 8 year old grandson in Temecula has baseball games on Tuesday afternoon.  He won't be going tomorrow as he already has a cold!  We DID drive to Arizona in August for 4 nights and it took me 1 whole day to recover the 7 hours' drive there.  We managed to find an Air B&B home that was pet friendly, so we were able to take our dog with us.  We stayed in Overgaard, up on the Mogollon Rim.  She had a blast smelling all the wonderful and new smells and one morning I looked out and saw a coyote across the street!  I found a quilting shop and an antique shop that had some items I wanted, so I bought them.  Hubby was content to stay in the cabin. 

Other than that, we haven't ventured out much.  We DO want to get up to Oak Glen shortly during apple season (midweek, of course) and maybe down to Julian.  However, Julian is an all-day trip.  The Whitewater Preserve is only about 25 minutes away and the sycamores will be turning soon.

Saturday we ARE going to the Living Desert with our daughter and her two kids (ages 4 and 1).  Then, Sunday we might drive to Temecula to see our son and his 3 kids...depending on how tired we are from Saturday!  So, you see our situation? 

We BOTH take afternoon naps every day now and Saturday I went up to check on the horses and to be there to give the shoer his check.  Unfortunately, Gigondas, my big red thoroughbred mare, stepped on my right foot and wouldn't GET OFF!!!!!!!!   I had to scream at her and hit her to get her to move (I guess she was comfortable on my foot!).  I even had my steel toed boots on and it still hurt like....the dickens!  It is now completely black & blue.

OY!
Please take care.
~Cheryl Ann~
P.S.  I just finished journals #20 and 21 and 22 and I'm almost done with #23 and I have 3 more in the works!   :-)

2 comments:

  1. Your schedule makes me tired just reading it. It isn't fun aging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Shout-Out. Yes this aging thing sure does have a habit of changing things alright and I find some of those unwelcome changes seem to be escalating both mentally and physically. As we continue to slowly lose interest in things that matter and were once important to us we seem to lack the energy to change ourselves for the better. It's that final trap many eventually fall into. These latter stages of aging are definitely not the best times of many people's lives.......

    ReplyDelete