Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Car~Sunday Stills Challenge 101710


This long abandoned car sits up high on Highway 74, along Deep Canyon. I don't know the full story of what happened, but I remember the local news coming out with a story about its discovery several years ago. Apparently somebody driving by FINALLY spotted it and reported it. Since Highway 74 is known as "The Killer Highway" due to the large number of accidents on it, I'm not surprised to see this wreck. I frequently spot it out of the corner of my eye as I zip up the mountain, and one morning, as I was driving up, there wasn't ANY traffic behind me, so I was able to stop and take this photo of it. It has been up there on the mountain for many years now and nobody seems to know the story of how it got there or whose car it is. Sunday Stills Challenge for 101710.

1 comment: