COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Friday, July 3, 2015

Had a close call yesterday!

I finally drove up to check on the horses yesterday.  They are all fine.  I let one out into the arena, another one into the round pen, and a third into a large corral for exercise.  However, by noon, the sweat was running down my face, smearing my sunscreen, and they were anxious for a meal, so I put them all back.  I still have two more to exercise next week.  It is a rare day when I can let out all 5 of them.  I do NOT put them together as another boarder did that with her two geldings and one ended up with a broken leg and had to be euthanized.  NOPE.  Not gonna do that!

Anyway, on my way down Highway 74, I pulled off at the largest turnout to stop and take a couple of photos of the thunderheads building up over the mountains.  This turnout has plenty of room and it looks down into the Coachella Valley and Deep Canyon.  All of a sudden, a car whizzes by me on the right hand side, swerving around me and back onto the highway!  Apparently two cars were either in a pissing match or racing!  IDIOTS!  I carefully pulled out and couldn't even see them ahead of me.  They must have been going 75 mph down the mountain.  I was finally able to spot them on a large curve and there were then 4 cars between me and them, so they must have passed the 4 cars also!  There are NO passing lanes going down the mountain, so who knows how they did this.

Hey, folks, be CAREFUL on that road!  It is no place for STUPIDITY!!!!

This is the view looking down from the turnout.  I took this photo a couple of months ago.  I haven't uploaded the ones from yesterday yet...

2 comments:

  1. wow scary. these kinds of things happen way too often coming up the 18 or 330 - idiots! Love your banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, yes, I bet they do! Hubby used to have to drive from Palm Desert to Blue Jay to the Jensens market once a week. I always bit my nails when he did that drive!

    ReplyDelete