Ugh. And, she brought muggy weather with her. She's currently out in the Pacific Ocean, stirring up waves and making surfers happy, but yesterday afternoon she also brought a haboob to the Coachella Valley. A haboob is basically a wall of dust which sweeps across areas and brings dust everywhere. Our local news was watching it and reporting. I was sitting at my laptop researching something and within 5 minutes, my beloved mountains... DISAPPEARED! They were completely gone. Then, winds came through our end of the valley, and poof!~ The haboob was here! Good thing I did NOT get my car washed yesterday!
Here is a photo downloaded from the Toro Peak webcams. The local news even used a couple of the webcam photos to show the haboob. This is looking east, as it moved across the valley.
I wasn't happy with this photo, with the big beam hanging over it, so I went back and cropped it:
There now! Isn't that better? I love how the camera caught the shaft of light to the right.


Amazing captures of the haboob, very dramatic skies.
ReplyDeleteYes, that haboob (or whatever it was) was crazy yesterday! Out in 29 Palms and working outside under blue skies and puffy clouds. Next thing I know my phone is beeping and there is an alert about a dust storm and to avoid travel. About the same time the skies went yellow/brown with limited visibility. Very eerie, but I think I got some good photos!
ReplyDeletewow, never seen a haboob in person (what a funny name)... We had lots of rain when we were in Temecula yesterday - ...and rain here in the mountains before we lift - i wished we could have stayed home to enjoy it and i have no idea how much rain we got.
ReplyDelete