COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Friday, July 31, 2015

Sierra Nevada quick trip

Hubby used the last of his vacation days this week and we drove to Lake Tahoe, stopping in the eastern Sierra Nevada on the way up and down.  There were no clouds the entire trip, but we had a horrific monsoon storm here last night at home.

 The Alabama Hills in Lone Pine.
 Our favorite road in Lone Pine.
The ranch with cattle hides on the fence (outside of Bishop, CA).

We drove to Ridgecrest Saturday evening, choosing to spend a day home with the dog, who has dug out of the yard once this summer.  I reinforced the fence and she remained in the yard during this trip!  From Ridgecrest we drove up 395 to South Lake Tahoe, where we spent two nights, then turned around and we drove home.

3 comments:

  1. Those cattle hides hanging on the fence are interesting. Never seen that before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Lake Tahoe - only went there once and then drove through to Vegas with four kids in a cramped Oldsmobile arguing the whole way. I would love to go back when I'm in a good mood, lol. Love dogs but darn so hard to go away on a trip. My grandson who lives with us wants a kitten.... which i do too...but now will have to pay to board it if we get one. Nice photos - love the mountains in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous drive. Tahoe is spectacular and I haven't been there in decades. Cooler up there. Have yet to explore the Alabama Hills.

    ReplyDelete