I must admit...Sequoia National Park is one of the most beautiful national parks I've ever seen. It's about an hour from Visalia and the road into the park is very twisty, so be advised! We didn't take the grandson on this trip. He would have been car sick and besides his family went elsewhere that day.
I'm realizing that my mind and body just feel better in the mountains. Maybe this is ancestral memory? I don't know what it is, but I open up, relax, and even my legs feel better in the mountains. I love to inhale the air, smell the pines, and just "be" there.
I find that during the school year, if I'm really stress, I HAVE to get up into the mountains. Fortunately, Deep Canyon is only 15 minutes from our house, and I sometimes drive up there after school.
Anyway, we drove through Sequoia National Park on a Saturday. Don't do that. There wasn't a parking space at ANY of the sights. They were all packed. If we return this summer, we'll do it earlier and mid week. We did plan ahead and bring a couple of sandwiches, and we did find a nice, shady spot to eat lunch. There are plenty of campgrounds and picnic areas to stop and eat and we also stopped at the Lodgepole market and visitor center.
I hope we do have a chance to return this summer. It is ONE beautiful park!





it looks so beautiful there - as someone who never lived in the mountains full time until almost 4 years ago - i now know I need the mountains and what it does for my soul. I get dull and unmotivated when we go down the hill and feel confusion with the chaos and traffic etc. It's nice your mountains are only 15 minutes away. When we livedi in Alta Loma I could get to Mt. Baldy in about 15 to 20 minutes where we would go often. I love it up there.
ReplyDeleteThe mountains always call my name but I haven't been to Sequoia, yet.
ReplyDelete