COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Back to school and RIP Lucille

School has started up again, but I only had 2 days with kids this week.  I actually went into school every day this week.  Monday I got my fabric bulletin boards up and Tuesday, of course, we had a 3 hour meeting (...yawn...).  Then, we all had Wednesday to finish our room, sharpen pencils, pass out math books, and get desks ready.  The kids came Thursday and Friday.  I have 25 and they all seem like nice kids this year!  They certainly aren't the HELL RAISERS I've had for the last 2 years!  OYE VEI!  I play music for them during the 10-15 minutes right after lunch recess, when they come in all hot and sweaty, and only a couple of them have asked for water!  It also gives them a chance to sit and cool down before we continue on with our math lesson.

I lost Lucille yesterday.  She wasn't eating and her back end was wobbling and the ranch owner called me and said it might be time for her to pass.  So, my vet came out and put her down.  She was diagnosed with Cushings, she wasn't eating, and she was wobbling.  It was time to let her go, so I did.  She was the ONLY one of my horses that I ever rode.  I could probably ride Sunni...he trusts me, but, at this stage of my life, why take the chance?  I'm happy just to have them and enjoy being with them.  I don't ask them for anything.  He has been saddled and ridden by my cousin, but then he crow-hopped when her cell phone went off and she refused to ever ride him again.  Oh, well...sigh...

Lucille and I, last year.  She was a good, old girl.  We think she was well into her 20's...

2 comments:

  1. so sorry to read about Lucille - but she is now probably running in green pastures and all happy to be free of a body that was hurting her. I like the pic of Lucille and u last year. I've been cataloging the hundreds of horse photos I take or took when I lived in an area that had bridle trails and we would walk often. (Rancho Cucamonga area). She looks like one I just came across photos of last night. Hope your kids in class remain nice and not punks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about Lucille although it sounds like she led a good long life. Glad to hear you have a good bunch of kids this year. I like the idea of music after recess to hopefully settle them down a bit.

    ReplyDelete