COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Fire update

Well, the fire is still burning, but it is CONTAINED.  Highway 74 is now open, so I'll drive up today and unload 5 bags of pellets for the horses.  I like to supplement their straight alfalfa and frankly, 3 of them now are on straight pellets anyway.  I'll take my camera with me and post tomorrow what I see of the fire (if anything).  We no longer even see smoke down here in the valley.

Highway 74 was closed for 2 days, so I ran errands yesterday and did some clothes shopping for school.  Our daughter says I need to dress better, so I'm trying!  Frankly, I have NO fashion sense whatsoever.  I just wear what I'm comfortable wearing and that isn't always the most professional choice.  AND, I CANNOT wear heels AT ALL, due to my sciatic nerve damage.  I'm now always tripping over my own two feet and a couple of times last year, I went sprawling across the classroom!  I just wear Reeboks or nice-looking clogs.  I HAVE to wear flat shoes!  I would tip over in heels and they are just too painful now for my feet.  Additionally, Ihave about 5 pair of boots that I can't wear anymore, so EBAY, here I come!

On another note, as I was leaving yesterday to have lunch with 2 of my co-workers, the Cooper's hawk appeared in the yard, in our mesquite tree.  I was going to let the dog out before I left, but we both scampered back into the house.  I FINALLY had to leave, and the hawk cackled at me.  I cackled back.  He cackled again and again and we had quite a conversation!  He cackled...I cackled.  He chirped...I chirped back.  He was quite entertaining!  I notice that he appears now, almost daily, for a drink from the dog's wading pool that I set up in the front yard.  He not only drinks from it, but the outdoor cats make the rounds to it also.  The birds are enjoying all the COSTCO birdseed and the bowls of water I put out for them.  It will be 113, even 114 degrees here over the weekend, so I'll need to make sure the critters all have water!

No comments:

Post a Comment