I headed out EARLY yesterday morning up to drop off my 5 bags of horse pellets at the ranch before the HOT weather hit. I left the house at 7:30 a.m. On my way, I passed where the motor home caught on fire (it had been towed away, thankfully) and I stopped and took some photos. I came to the command center, at Paradise Corner, at Highways 371 and 74. There were still a LOT of trucks there, but I did see 7 trucks from Kern County heading home. I briefly followed them down the road to Anza, where they pulled over and waited for the 2 stragglers. I was able to get a photo of them going by later that morning. I didn't see any smoke at all yesterday and apparently the crews were doing "mop up" operations.
Some kind of liquid metal that melted.
Charred vegetation next to the highway. The fire quickly spread to 500 acres, up into the very rugged mountains with NO roads. I did see a road that a fire crew hacked out and bulldozed.
If you enlarge the photo, you can see the area on the hill where the fire burned.
5 of these trucks from Kern County were going home! Thank you for all your hard work!
No comments:
Post a Comment