COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Last week of vacation...sigh...

Next week will be my last week of summer vacation.  I honestly don't know where the summer went.  Well, I do know.  We went to Arizona, Colorado, and New Mexico.  That was an 8 day trip.  We came home, rested, and drove up to Fresno to see our son and visited Yosemite and Sequoia national parks.  Came home and rested and then took a quick 4 day trip up to Lake Tahoe, through the eastern Sierra Nevada.  Still, the summer went by too quickly.  I didn't get much done with the horses.  I did make sure they all got their shots and two of them got their teeth done.  Now I'm faced with a final week of vacation before heading back to another year of school...sigh...

While I would really LOVE to retire, I have 5 horses to take care of, so retirement right now isn't an option.  Instead, I'll keep visiting your blogs and enjoying all the things you all do!

Here are some highlights from this summer:

 Canyon de Chelly
 Elk herd outside of Telluride, Colorado...
 I think this is Ouray, Colorado...can't seem to remember...
Rocky Mountains

 Santa Fe, NM
Santa Fe

 Yosemite, of course!
Waterfall at Yosemite

 Lake Tahoe
Owens Valley

2 comments:

  1. we don't get away all that often and even less so now because of our grandson - so i love to see photos of different places - love the town in colorado - main street it looks like. We were just over in Temecula the other day and it actually felt like a vacation - i love that area. We have one more vacation planned at the end of the year over thanksgiving - another trip to central coast. I'm sure you wish you had a lot more time before you go back to work and once you retire ...you'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer you have to go back to school, but you did have a great summer of travels.

    ReplyDelete