COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, August 23, 2015

The dog days of August

A couple of weeks ago the temps rose to 113, 114, 117, and 118 here.  We are now "down" to about 106.  But, next weekend, back we go to the "teens", as the weather forecaster calls them.  Ugh.  Really?  I'm so sick and tired of this heat and humidity...I could SCREAM!

It was down to about 79 degrees Friday night/Saturday morning, so I got out and did some chores outside.  Our son worked on his yard all day (even in the heat).  Since he only drives down here on weekends now, they are either going to rent out their house or sell it.  He has a 5 hour drive from Fresno now every weekend.

Not much else is new.  It DOES look like I have a nice, little (HA!  25 kids) class this year.  They certainly aren't the HELLIONS I have had for the past 2 years.  Good thing, because I was REALLY getting burned out.  I'm going to enjoy this group, as the 2nd graders look like another class from HELL.

I'm going up to the ranch this morning to visit my remaining 4 horses.  I need to give each and every one of them a hug and let them out for some exercise.

Have a good week.
Cheryl Ann

1 comment:

  1. I use to love the heat - we would go visit my folks in Parker Arizona and sometimes go to Havasu. This was when I was a young mom. The warmest I remember was I believe it was 124 - had to be back in the 80s ...in Havasu - we turned around on the hwy and went back to my parents house. We were in a van without air conditioning...

    I don't know how you handle it - I couldn't do it anymore. I am miserable now at 85 with 20% humidity - when I walk that is in the sun.

    Glad your classroom isn't too big and you have a good group.

    Mountain living is really nice - but then u would know that because u have horses in the mountains. It's much cooler.

    ReplyDelete