COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Monday, June 6, 2016

Haven't been doing much lately

It's been too dang hot to do ANYTHING around here lately.  It's been 110, 113, and 114 degrees here in the desert.  Thermal, CA shattered the old heat record for 3 days in a row this weekend.  We had our gardners come Saturday to clean up the "debris" (leaves) next to their fence because, starting today, they are installing a new brick wall fence along our border.  Turns out, their old fence is actually 3 to 4 feet on OUR property!  Good thing they are replacing it.  However, the gardeners had to cut down 3 smaller acacia trees which gave their house shade in the hot afternoon sun...Oh, well...

Hubby and I had some kind of stomach virus this weekend too.  I had severe stomach cramping for 2 1/2 days.  I didn't eat anything for over a day and I'm not the kind of person who enjoys missing a meal!  He went out and bought some hot chicken and rice soup, which REALLY tasted good!

This is now my 6th week of retirement.  I must say I am enjoying life (except for being sick).  I have relaxed A LOT.  Our daughter noticed how much less stressed I now look!

I didn't get up to the horses this weekend first because it was too hot and second, because I was sick.  Now I have to babysit Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon.  And, this morning I have a dental appointment.  It's probably just as well because temps won't start going down until about Thursday.  I need to get up there because Quad, my thoroughbred, is too thin.  I ordered some CocoSoya oil, which is coconut and soy oil for him.  It has a LOT of calories and it will help his dull coat get all shiny.  He paces and paces in his corral, so he expends a LOT of energy.  The ranch owner upped his pellets to 4 scoops 2x a day, but that still isn't enough.  I also ordered wormers for all the horses and a jar of probiotics.  Getting up there just once a week isn't working.  I need to drive up there at least twice a week.

However, my car is acting up.  The car alarm went off 3x yesterday, in the heat.  My door lock activator needs to be replaced and there was a lawsuit against Honda for that.  Finally, my airbags are the ones under recall, so THEY need to be replaced.  Now, if I could just live without my car for 2 days!

Oye!

This is who I get to babysit in the afternoons!

No comments:

Post a Comment