There are a few homes near the fire station in Pinyon. An elderly woman wandered away from one of them this past week, last Tuesday. She's 71 years old and suffers from dementia. I remember reading the story on our local news website. I do believe it has been about a week now that she's been gone.
Here's the link to the story: http://www.kesq.com/news/crews-still-searching-for-missing-pinyon-pines-woman/40009938
I was surprised to see the scope of the rescue operation, which is still ognoing. There must have been over 30 cars, trucks, and sheriff's vehicles when I drove past the Sugar Loaf Cafe in Pinyon. I did a u turn down the road and came back to take photos. I even saw an orange van from the Sierra Madre Search and Rescue, which is a well known rescue group. They have performed many rescues up in the San Gabriel mountains and elsewhere.
Further down the road, I saw 4 rescue workers out looking for her. One of them, a woman, was calling her name.
I do hope they find her, and SOON. Temps will be rising this week and by next weekend, it will be 118 and 120 here in the desert, although temps up in Pinyon won't be that high, they will be unusually high, 103 and 107 degrees.
You can see from the photos of the rescue searchers just how rugged this area is.
No comments:
Post a Comment