We've had monsoon weather for the past 3 days and I'm expecting it to continue today, although there isn't a cloud in the sky yet this morning.
Yesterday we awoke to a completely cloudy sky and the wind was coming from the east. That's NEVER a good sign! That means that moisture is coming over us from Arizona and the Gulf of California, especially if clouds come from the south.
I had to drive to Indio to babysit the 2 month old yesterday morning, while his sister went to swim lessons. On the way, I stopped and took several photos of the clouds and rain. By afternoon, Joshua Tree and 29 Palms were getting hit with downpours, and Deep Canyon and Highway 74, too. I saw a HUGE dark cloud over Highway 74 in the afternoon, but it was 114 degrees outside (too hot to go out and take photos).
Yup. I'm watching the breeze this morning. It is coming from the east, a sure sign of monsoon moisture coming our way. I'm going to swim lessons this morning with my camera to take photos of the 3 year old in the pool, so maybe I'll get some photos this afternoon, too, of the clouds.
Here are some photos from yesterday: Photos were taken with my Samsung Galaxy cell phone.



No comments:
Post a Comment