COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Friday, July 1, 2016

Had a thunderstorm here this afternoon!

This day, like yesterday, started out cloudless, but I knew better.  During the monsoon season, that is typically the case and by 4 p.m. we could be having quite a thunderstorm, like today.  By 3:30, I knew one was coming.  I kept my eye on our local Santa Rosa mountains and yup...right on schedule, the sky went dark about 4 p.m.

Hubby was taking his 3rd nap of the day in the living room, in his chair, so off I went.  And, I wasn't disappointed.  I immediately heard thunder.  By the time I was nearly to Pinyon Pines, it was raining cats and dogs!  And, I got a free car wash!  All the bird poop is now gone!

And, a beautiful rainbow, although a faint one, came out to end the afternoon.  I went home and had a gin & tonic.

 This is what I saw driving up Highway 74, in Palm Desert.  I could see all the rain coming down!
 Nice clouds and cloudburst.
 You can see all the rain coming down here.  The whole area smelled wonderful!
 This is quite a downpour.
The very faint rainbow...

No comments:

Post a Comment