It took a crew of 3 just 4 hours to install our new HVAC system yesterday morning. Good thing it was installed yesterday because humidity is here today and it is already warm outside. Ugh. It will be 112 by Thursday here next week. They were off to do another house that afternoon. Tis the season, eh?
The mockingbirds didn't eat all of their mealworms yesterday. Hmmm....that's unusual. They haven't left ANY since I started putting them out. I haven't seen the 3 of them together now for several days. I only see one at a time.
The hummingbirds visit the two feeders out front every morning and they also have a variety of flowers to choose from: blue penstamon, tithonia, and some kind of blue flower which I haven't identified. We also have a yellow blooming bush and some red and orange ones, so they aren't just relying on the feeders. Actually, my front garden is holding up nicely, although my black eyed Susans are kaput. They just didn't make it. I'm not pulling them up yet, but I don't think they are still with us. I do have zinnias and vinca also. So, the front garden is still alive. Oh, and sunflowers...DUH...I enjoy sitting at my little desk and watching all the activity out front! I'm going to have to think about what to plant in the fall pretty soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment