We got to Julian and hubby suggested we drive down to Lake Cuyamaca. Lake WHAT? Never heard of it. I did vaguely recall there was a fire down there recently (there was...) and also one in 2003. We saw many burned hillsides. That area is extremely rugged and there aren't many roads through it. I would (someday) like to take the route down into Anza-Borrego, but not in the summer. Just too hot...We ALWAYS make a point to text both our kids to let them know where we are going. Don't want to get lost or stuck somewhere...AND this area is extremely rugged, without many roads.
Lots of open meadows along the way...VERY dry!
Lake Cuyamaca
I don't recall seeing Lake Cuyamaca before, although hubby told me we traveled this same road once when the kids were little. I was apparently too distracted by their shenanigans to even remember! OYE! We had two kids 18 months apart and I, being an only child, had never raised children before and I'm sure their misbehavior distracted me to no end. (They are now fully grown and each have 2 children of their own.) It's not that they were bad kids. They weren't.
ANYWAY...I really enjoyed this lake. It reminded me of some of the lakes up on the Mogollon Rim. It was refreshing to see it and the temperature was quite comfortable, so we continued our trip down the road...
To be continued...
Nice photos! We spend a couple months a year in the Cuyamaca Mountains, about halfway from Julian to Lake Cuyamaca.
ReplyDelete