It hasn't been that "hot" here lately...around 105/106. That is a BIG difference from the 113/114 we had and also the 123 day last month.
Our HVAC system is over 17 years old and yesterday morning, I awoke to a stuffy house. Yup. It was 86 degrees and the thermostat was set to 79. Hmmmm....not a good sign. I went outside and the air conditioner compressor wasn't running! ACK! Now, it wasn't that bad outside, so I opened all the doors and windows and when hubby awoke, I told him. Of course, his solution was to turn the house fan on. I FINALLY convinced him to call the company that installed our system 17 years ago. I could hear the compressor surging and straining now for about a month. A couple of techs came out and, indeed, the compressor is KAPUT and honestly, at 17 years, we need to redo the whole system. Our pipes are too small, and a new system will reduce our cooling and heating costs by 33%. We may even get a tax credit. So, we ordered a new system.
HOWEVER... (you knew that was coming, right?)
They may not be able to install it until Monday morning. Ugh. We SUFFERED through yesterday afternoon, when it got up to 95 degrees in the house. I nearly passed out. I dipped a towel in water, drank about 6 glasses of cold drinks, sat in front of the fan, but I CANNOT go through that again today. They may be able to do it Saturday morning, depending on when they get the system, so we'll see. If not, we'll spend our afternoons down at our daughter's house. Just too hot here, even though it could be worse.
We still have some plumbing issues to correct and our dishwasher isn't cleaning dishes anymore. The last load was still spotted. ALL of our appliances are 16 years old, so who knows how long we will have any of them...sigh...
Such is the life of retirement! In the meantime, my car is in the shop getting her headlights restored and the air conditioning system checked out. It runs fine as long as the car is in motion, but when I come to a stop, warm air comes out. AYE! Can't have that in the desert! No, no! :-(
~Cheers~
Cheryl Ann
My tithonia out front. The little birds LOVE it!
They also love the sunflowers!


No comments:
Post a Comment