COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Temecula visits

We drove to Temecula Thursday and rested Friday and Saturday and then drove back Sunday about noon.  This time we stayed overnight. I'm glad we did.  I would have been exhausted trying to drive back down Highway 74.

Monday morning I got up early (6 a.m.) and went for a walk down into Temecula Creek.  Our son's new house that they are renting is right across from it.  There is a locked gate, so I left it open by putting a rock at the bottom.  Their house key doesn't seem to fit the gate...

Anyway, I saw about a dozen rabbits, heard a woodpecker, and a red-tailed hawk.  I saw some ducks down in the marsh and heard a bullfrog or two.  It was very nice & peaceful and relaxing.

When the grandson awoke, I took him with me.  We talked about bullfrogs and mosquito fish and rabbits (where there are rabbits, there are coyotes)...I'd heard a coyote howling Sunday night and I wanted to explore the wash.  He had a good time.  I'm trying to get him out and teach him things about nature, since his parents don't seem to want to...sigh...That will be MY job!   :-)

Here are some photos I took:


 Verbena
 Looking up the wash.  Yes, there was fog that morning.
 Dove in a tree
The fog quickly burned off.  It was in the mid-50's overnight...DELIGHTFUL!

4 comments:

  1. Great photos! Looks like a lovely trip with awesome scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great visit - I love when i get a chance to take one of my grandsons out on nature walks. Love Temecula - one place I would move in a heartbeat for the right place and price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's great you teaching the little one about nature. I have a feeling many young ones nowadays know very little about nature and could care less. Sad......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Al, I have to agree with you. Kids these days are plugged in WAY TOO MUCH and they know very little about the world in which they live.

    ReplyDelete