COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Beyond Lake Cuyamaca

 Lots of burned trees...
 Nice rock outcropping on this mountain.  Hubby knows the name of this feature, but I forget what it is...
 Woodpecker!
 Nice land...
More burned trees

After we left Lake Cuyamaca, there were a lot of burned trees.  There was a fire in this area in 2003 and I remember reading about a fire beyond Lake Cuyamaca this year.  We actually drove all the way down to Pine Valley, which was a beautiful pine oasis in the middle of all this dry vegetation.  I neglected to take photos there, however, because at that point, I'd been driving 3 hours and I was getting anxious to get on the road and go home.  I managed to drive all the way home, but I was out of it the next day!  6 hours of driving really took it out of me.  I rested for 2 days and then babysat the grandson all day yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite areas! The name of the mountain is Stonewall Peak.

    ReplyDelete