You know, it has been downright pleasant here lately. This past weekend I was able to get out in the back yard and rake and rake and rake and fill 3 of our large green waste containers. The yard is looking so much cleaner! And, our mornings here have been downright enjoyable.
BUT...
Beginning next weekend, a heat wave will be upon us. The forecast is for 123 degrees on Monday. Ugh. And, then the following week, all in the one teens...118, 114, 116, etc. It's not only the daytime temps, but the nights will be in the 80's and even the 90's! WOWZA!
I'm going to have to drive to Temecula Saturday to babysit the grandkids there so that mom & dad can go to a concert. I'll leave early Saturday morning and stop and do horse chores. Then, I'll drive back to the desert early Sunday morning. Hubby will stay home with the dog. It is just too hot for her to stay outside overnight. That wouldn't be good for her. She's nearly 9 years old now and honestly, she just wants to stay indoors all day and occasionally chase one of the outdoor cats. I'll need to put out plenty of fresh water for them, but they sleep all day next to the Chinaberry tree, where it is nice and shady and wet because I water it every morning.
I got to babysit the 6 week old today. It's amazing how someone that tiny can be so exhausting!
How can he make me so exhausted????? What a sweetie!

No comments:
Post a Comment