Hubby and I took 4 days off and booked our favorite cabin up in Idyllwild for 3 nights. It was a nice break from the desert heat. There was a full moon and nights were in the 60's up there!
I got to feed blue jays, woodpeckers, nuthatches, black capped chickadees, gray squirrels, and even a chipmunk. A flicker showed up and everybody scattered. We watched the woodpeckers and they tag-teamed up and chased and hounded the blue jays! 3 cottontails also showed up in the mornings and late afternoons.
I found a good bakery up there : Bake & Brew. They have sandwiches, salads, baked goods, and a decent selection of beers. Go figure! They have convenient hours, too!! 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. We bought sandwiches 2 days for lunch because we forgot to buy sliced ham and bring it along.
Our dog got to spend a few days out of the desert heat, too. She LOVES her long walks up in the mountains. I noticed she got quite energetic for a 9 year old black lab!
A perfect break from the desert! And congrats on your retirement!! I'm retiring next month and very much looking forward to it.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your retirement! I'm really enjoying mine! You'll have so much more free time!
ReplyDelete