COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Sunday end of the week

Phew!  It's going to be 113 here today and tomorrow, then down to 110, then 109, 108, 106, and 105.  I'm hoping and PRAYING that this is summer's last blast!

My friends and colleagues are returning to school starting Monday...poor things!  our daughter has already survived the first 3 days of school and our grandson is now in 2nd grade.  He went 3 days last week, too.

Hubby worked a couple of days this past week and came home and slept 14 hours straight.  Poor guy.
My big event Friday was to clean out the inside of the stove.  I found a DIY recipe using baking soda, vinegar, dish soap, and hydrogen peroxide.  You let it sit for 4 hours and then wipe off all the scum.  IT WORKED!  Now I need to find one for the bathtub!

This time last year we were in New Mexico and Arizona, up on the Mogollon Rim.  I miss the sunflowers up there:


4 comments:

  1. For your tub, try Bar Keepers Friend spray. Not the gel,nor the powder. Spray. Works on our hard water buildup, but it takes time to remove layers if you have that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does it feel now that you are not a working person? I'm sure you are going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I have some of the powder, but I'll have to look for the spray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat, I'm LOVING retirement (so far). We are trying to go somewhere once a month. Hubby is still working part time, so it depends on his schedule. we DO want to get up to the eastern Sierra Nevada in October.

    ReplyDelete