COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Friday, September 30, 2016

Different fences~Wildlands Conservacy

At another large apple ranch, Los Rios, lies one of the Wildlands Conservacy areas.  The Whitewater Preserve is also a part of the conservacy.  This one, at Los Rios, is only about a year old.  I remember visiting it last fall with our daughter and then 2 year old granddaughter.  They had just planted the butterfly garden.

When hubby and I arrived there a couple days ago, I wanted to take the hike and explore beyond the gardens, so off I went.  Hubby, unfortunately, was huffing and puffing and soon went back to sit in the car.  He REALLY needs to get off his duff and do some walking!  I could never keep up with his stride (he is 6'...I'm 5'5")...but now I'm always out in front of him!

We did make it past the apple orchard and found ourselves in a grove of sequoias, cedars, and redwoods!  It was amazing!  I had NO IDEA it was even there.  It was so much cooler inside the grove!  I'll be sure and take our daughter and granddaughter there next time.  I need to get the grandson up there, too, although he has been to Yosemite.

Here are some photos from the Wildlands Conservacy at Oak Glen.

 I LOVE these wild sunflowers!
 Yes, dark clouds were overhead!


 LOVE this graceful arch.  The apple orchard was behind it.

 WARNING!  They have a list of animals spotted and a rattlesnake was spotted two days before we arrived on the trail!
 At one point, hubby wandered ahead...

 Entering the sequoia and redwood grove...

There is a nice picnic area here, too.

1 comment:

  1. I love Oak Glen and have been there many times. But, I've never done that hike. Thanks to you, I'm going to make a point of it in the near future. Nice photos Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete