COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Monday, January 16, 2017

Found a couple of old fireplaces!


There is a small, private community of homes along the road to the Whitewater Preserve.  They have "PRIVATE PROPERTY" signs all along there, but I was able to use my telefoto lens and do some cropping to get these photos of a couple of deserted fireplaces there.  I have always wanted to stop and take photos, but hubby is usually with me and he's always in such a hurry and he doesn't like to stop and view things!  THAT is why I prefer trips by myself!  (...sorry dear...)  I'm glad I stopped and took the opportunity to view them Saturday.  There was still a little bit of fall color up there.

What's really unique about Whitewater Canyon is that even though it backs up to the San Bernardino mountains, it has spots were there are...PALM TREES!  It has a microclimate, so you can see palm trees with snow on the mountains behind them!


2 comments:

  1. I love that area, and it has a rich history. I've driven it many times but never noticed the fireplaces (but I HAVE notices all the "no trespassing" signs!). Very cool find.

    ReplyDelete