Hubby bought a chimenea from Home Depot for Christmas, and last night was the first night we sat outside and enjoyed it and the stars. Unfortunately neither one of us could get a decent fire going, so we are off today to buy some firestarting logs. My DIY toilet paper rollers stuffed with dryer lint just didn't do the trick!
SOMETHING is eating my cabbage and has completely eaten all the leaves off my 2 chili peppers! I suspect it is the neighborhood rats. Almost every yard around us has citrus and the nasty buggers just love to take a bite out of a grapefruit (or something else), leave it, and find another one. I have, on occasion, seen them tiptoe across the cable wires from the street to our back yard.
You would THINK with 3 outdoor cats they wouldn't be a problem, but NOooooooooo! So, I'm going to set 2 peanut butter traps tonight and cover the remaining plants with their plastic planting pots (I did save ALL of them, fortunately!)
Any ideas/suggestions? NO POISON (dog and 3 outdoor cats) and I wouldn't use it anyway...sigh...
No comments:
Post a Comment