COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Monday, January 23, 2017

Update on Whitewater Preserve

Whitewater Preserve has now been closed Sunday and Monday.  I saw photos from the local paper and the road was IMPASSABLE!  Too dangerous!  There were rocks everywhere and the river was flowing too quickly.

I DID go out this morning and take a couple of photos of the wash which runs from Palm Springs down to the Salton Sea.  This was in Rancho Mirage, not far from where former president Obama played golf over the weekend.  I took these photos from the park in Rancho Mirage.

 There normally is NO WATER in this wash.  In fact, it runs through several golf courses!!!!!
A view looking up the wash with a rainbow.

This obviously isn't my photo!  This is from the Toro Peack webcam yesterday, looking out over all the snow on the Santa Rosa mountains.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're getting rain. Maybe things will be really green soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I haven't been up there for a while. Need to see it all again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a kid there was a family that lived close by that had a trailer by the Salton Sea and I went with them a couple times. We had so much fun as kids out there! I have not seen it in close to 40 years.

    ReplyDelete