COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Roadrunner

As we left Sunnylands last Friday, I noticed a roadrunner in the parking lot.  His mate was out yonder, under one of the other cars.  He was such a beautiful fella!



We didn't seem to bother him, so we just left him where he was.  I always enjoy seeing roadrunners.  We used to have a family of them in our neighborhood, (quail also), but when they put up the new housing development, they disappeared.  I do miss seeing them.  One of them used to chase my petite cat Daisy down the street!  One neighbor used to feed them hamburger!  They really are quite comical!

4 comments:

  1. I love these guys! I think there a lot less of them in general. Seems like they were everywhere when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can never get a picture of one. They are always racing across the road like a bat at of heck. Good to see one just standing there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I love roadrunners! When we lived in Southern Cal as a kid we used to have them in the yard all the time. You are right, they are comical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, we were all surprised to see him just standing there. They sometimes will just stand in the sun and let it warm up their body! Yes, they do frequently RUN!

    ReplyDelete