I've already told you about how, one day, we were babysitting both kids while they were sick. Actually, it was 4 days in a row. And, how I looked up at one point and to my HORROR, the front screen door and DOOR were wide open and the BABY was sitting on the porch steps...sigh...
Well, Saturday night GRANDPA made a flying leap from his chair at the dinner table to prevent the 11 month old from falling off one of the living room chairs onto the tile floor. He banged his right arm on the floor and how has a bruise the size of Maryland! It sure looks horrible, but he did manage to save the giggling baby who apparently thought it was funny to watch Grandpa move so fast!
So, yesterday we had to babysit the 4 year old. She's had a fever for 3 days. She didn't want breakfast. She didn't want lunch. She wanted a popsicle, some Veggie straws, and some cheese. That's ALL she ate ALL DAY.
She REFUSED to take a nap, so at 2:00, her mother told me to take her into the bedroom and lie down with her. It took her... 40 MINUTES to go to sleep! She had to gather all her dolls. She had to get her blanket. She had to get HER pillow. Then, she talked to her mermaid doll for 30 minutes! OY!
Today we are driving to Temecula to visit the son and his family. This is the 27 month old who is now talking NONSTOP and the 8 year old. He has to interview a relative for a school project, so he picked me. I'm to bring along some childhood photos of myself. Yeah, right. All 3 of them...That's ALL I can find! Apparenly I somehow got left out of the family albums! WELL! As an only child, you would think my parents would have 10,000 photos of me. Nope. I can only find 3...
Oh, well...life goes on!
~Cheers~
~Cheryl Ann~
That's me on a horse up in Apple Valley, I was about 10. I could sniff out a riding stable in every town!
With my parents and future husband...
With my maternal grandparents...about 1970...



Oh the joys of (grand)parenthood.
ReplyDelete