COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, April 2, 2017

WOOD signs UPDATE

Well, my 2nd attempt was a complete, utter FAILURE!  I asked hubby what color to put on the wood and he suggested RED.  Well, with the walnut stain on the wood, it looked... AWFUL!  So, that one is going into the trash!  Besides, I PAINTED my stencils on this one and they got all smeared.  I read a blog post last night and the gal said to use makeup sponges and to BLOT, never stroke, with a stencil.  Hmmm....I'll have to run to the Dollar Store and pick up some cheap makeup sponges!   I made one with white paint that says "Vikinghaus" and it looks okay, so I'll keep that one.  This is a learning stage, I know...

I took 2 of my canvas projects down to our daughter for the little ones.  What is the first thing she said?

She said, "You didn't get the bottom edge even!"

OY!  I wanted to pull out my hair.  I TRIED to explain to her that I had to lay it basically on a GLUE background and only had once chance to do it right, so then she said, "Next time make a pencil mark on the bottom and line it up properly."

If I don't have any hair tomorrow it is because I HAVE PULLED IT ALL OUT!  She's JUST like her father...SPATIAL!

OY!

Not, "Thank you, Mom, for spending HOURS of your time on these!"
Not, "Thank you, Mom, for thinking of my children!"
Not, "Thank you, Mom, for doing this for my children!"

It's hard to be a creative person in this environment.  Thank GOD our son is like me! (I love her anyway...she DOES have SOME redeeming qualities!)

I'm off to Lowe's this morning to buy a new spool of plastic for the weeder.  I used a whole spool yesterday on the back yard and it is only 1/3 done.  I just MIGHT have to check out their lumber department!   (hee, hee!)

SPARE PARTS:  I am going to look for a cheap sander.  I think I can find one for about $20 or $30.  I realized that I was sanding those boards with my bare hands and I was lucky I didn't get nicked by a splinter of wood!  Wouldn't that be GREAT?  We also have a Habitat for Humanity store here in town, so I'll stop in there on Tuesday when they open again and look for one there.  It just depends on what they have at any particular time.  This week they had a BEAUTIFUL solid wood dining table with 2 benches.  $250.00   I WANTED it, but I don't have that kind of disposable money any longer...It was GORGEOUS...nice varnish on it and 2 wooden chairs for each end of the table.  If you are interested, they are behind Sam's Club in Palm Desert, across from COSTCO.

No comments:

Post a Comment