Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Bird in tree~Outdoor Wednesday 072110


One morning last week, the clouds moved into the valley quickly and soon it was raining in Deep Canyon. I pulled off on my favorite side road and saw a bird in a lone tree (click to enlarge). It started raining and so I continued my drive home to the desert, where I could see rain coming down, but the rain wasn't hitting the desert floor. It is our monsoon season now and the humidity builds almost every day. Deep Canyon usually gets rainfall because of its elevation, unlike the desert floor. Outdoor Wednesday for July 21, 2010.

3 comments:

  1. The little bird was waiting just for you drop by and capture him. Probably wanted to be on your blog. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful photo! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete