COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Deep Canyon~That's My World 072710







I lived in the desert for over 35 years and drove past Deep Canyon for many, many years. It really wasn't until this past year that I stopped to explore the areas around it. I've already explained how you can't drive through the canyon. First, there isn't a road. Second, any road would be washed away in a flash flood as Deep Canyon funnels all the rain from our local mountains down into the desert. There's a reason it has its name! But, I am able to drive out some of the roads that are above the canyon and view the environment above the canyon. Here are some pics from last weekend that I took near Deep Canyon. I've been talking to some locals about where I can go to hike there and I have some spots I want to check out, but I need to get somebody to go with me. Any volunteers? That's My World for Tuesday, July 27, 2010.






2 comments:

  1. I would go in an instant if I lived closer! That photo of the dried mud is awesome - I enlarged to get a better view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd love to volunteer!:p
    the 2nd photo is amazing!

    ReplyDelete