Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Deep Canyon~That's My World 072710







I lived in the desert for over 35 years and drove past Deep Canyon for many, many years. It really wasn't until this past year that I stopped to explore the areas around it. I've already explained how you can't drive through the canyon. First, there isn't a road. Second, any road would be washed away in a flash flood as Deep Canyon funnels all the rain from our local mountains down into the desert. There's a reason it has its name! But, I am able to drive out some of the roads that are above the canyon and view the environment above the canyon. Here are some pics from last weekend that I took near Deep Canyon. I've been talking to some locals about where I can go to hike there and I have some spots I want to check out, but I need to get somebody to go with me. Any volunteers? That's My World for Tuesday, July 27, 2010.






2 comments:

  1. I would go in an instant if I lived closer! That photo of the dried mud is awesome - I enlarged to get a better view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd love to volunteer!:p
    the 2nd photo is amazing!

    ReplyDelete