Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Scrub jay~Camera Critters 073010




We have a scrub jay in our neighborhood, down in the desert. He shouldn't be here. He SHOULD be up in Deep Canyon, in the pinyon country. But, somehow, he ended up at an elevation of 200 feet, in the desert. He has claimed our neighbhood as his territory. I first noticed him last spring when I was out feeding the birds in my front yard. He was a lot smaller then. I don't know how he ended up here, but he has now settled in and noisily announces his arrival every morning and afternoon! I can hear him all over the neighborhood as he visits his territory. He watches my movements and as soon as I throw out birdseed in the mornings and afternoons, he is the first in line to eat the seeds. I enjoy watching him and I hope that someday he will return to his homeland in Deep Canyon, but for now I enjoy watching his antics. For other critters, please visit: http://camera-critters.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it nice to be visited by birds? We haven't got one like that, but we got lots of blue jays in our area.

    My 1st time to join CC. Have a great weekend!

    My Camera Critter Entry

    ReplyDelete