Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Silt~Macro Monday 072610




Saturday a friend and I traveled up the mountain to go see my horse herd. But first we stopped near Deep Canyon. I wanted to show her a side road (dirt) that is an easy drive, but has spectacular views. Instead, I looked down and saw this! I thought it was mud, but a resident and friend was out walking and I asked him what it was and he said it was silt. I included a regular photo of it so that you can see it from a normal perspective. Macro Monday for July 26, 2010.

5 comments:

  1. Great shots. Silt? Was this an old riverbed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it isn't a riverbed. It's a pullout on a dirt road! We saw a few more of these silt areas, but this one was the biggest. We have thunderstorms forecast for tomorrow, so there may be new ones! Ahhh....monsoon season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have this after a heavy rain, especially on the dirt roads..excellent capture!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was very dried out desert land.

    ReplyDelete