Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fog!

Hubby and I drove home yesterday from San Marcos to Palm Desert.  We went out 78, caught 79 in Temecula, and were followed by fog until about Aguanga.  I pulled over and hopped out of the car to take this photo.  Apparently I awoke a sleeping husband who wanted to know if we were home yet!  And, we awoke to RAIN this morning in the desert.  It's monsoonal rain, coming up from Mexico and the Gulf of California and thunderstorms are forecast for today.  I'm hoping to drive up Highway 74 along Deep Canyon and take some photos.

2 comments:

  1. Wish we had it. It's suppose to be only 94 today but it's HUMID! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmmm, I can almost smell the fragrance of Creosote Brush & Redshank again.



    .

    ReplyDelete