Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hummingbirds~World Bird Wednesday~071112






Cathy, the ranch owner, is a bird breeder and she also feeds the hummingbirds who live on the ranch where I board my horses.  She says all of these, except one, "Mr. Grumpy", are babies.  The parents have flown off to parts unknown.  I counted a dozen of them one morning.  She has several feeders which she fills daily.  It's fun to just sit and watch them.  Yes, there is one adult male who chases off the others who get too close to "his" feeder!  I enjoy their antics and they are now so tame that Cathy can walk right up to the feeders and the babies don't fly away.World Bird Wednesday for July 11, 2012.  To view WBW, please go to:    http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. So great to se and read your post. I hope I can get the change to see these birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only see one hummingbird here in my feeder she had many, like it!

    Kim,USA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE hummingbirds! We a feeder outside our kitchen window that attracts them. There is one who has been around for two years that we know of. She is pretty calm, but she doesn't like it when the commuting hummers to use "her" feeder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, especially the one in the flower. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a treat to see thism fellas up so close

    ReplyDelete
  6. You seem so close to the feeder....amazing!!!

    Just wanted you to know that I added a linky to my newest bird photos today. If you'd care to stop by and leave a link. And perhaps if you know of anyone who loves birding--let them know of the new birding meme I set up for a weekly run---The Bird D'Pot. Stop by if you can. And have a glorious week.

    I'd Rather B Birdin'

    ReplyDelete