COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Coyote pups at play~Nature Notes~053013

We were given a real treat Sunday night up at the house in Pine Cove.  Out in the meadow behind it a coyote family came every morning and evening.  At first I only saw one of them.  The next morning I saw three.  But on Sunday night, all 6 of the family was there...mom, dad, two juvenile pups, and two young pups.  It was the juvenile pups and one of the adults who were out playing late Sunday afternoon.  First, they rolled in something at the far side of the meadow.  Then one of the parents and the two pups disappeared.  The others went running across the meadow playing tag.  They also rolled on top of one another and played silly coyote games.  It was getting dark quickly and I just stood on the back porch deck taking these shots, so they might not all be in perfect focus, but I think you get the idea.  While I don't like to read about coyotes attacking pets, this family was out enjoying their late afternoon, just as we were.  Nature's Notes for May 30, 2013.  It was one of the young ones who was out alone in the field Friday evening when a fire truck went down the main highway and it started to howl, only to be answered by its family members on the far side of the meadow.  That's how I realized that there was more than one coyote out there and it wasn't until our last evening there that we saw the entire family group.  To visit Nature Notes, please go to:   http://ramblingwoods.com/







2 comments: